.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Friday, February 18, 2005

Maturing into relationships

I had dinner with an old college buddy tonight and we had a long conversation about how we had become much more successful with women in recent years.

He and I have similar personalities. We were the guys who always ended up taking the friend route instead of going for the gusto and trying to be boyfriend/lover (even if that was what we really wanted) when we met attractive women. He commented that he had been more successful recently (I assume he meant in the last year or two, although he could have been referring to a more recent time period). I agreed with him in that I had become more succesful in this regard as well. I suggested that we had matured into our places in society and were more comfortable being bold around women because we recognized in the grand scheme we were relatively at the top of the ladder in terms of income, career security, education, etc. and thus should be very confident when approaching women.

I also suggested that women our age (late 20s to early 30s) found these aspects very attractive as opposed to women in their teens and early 20s who seemed (at least from my perspective) to be more interested in physical aspects of a potential partner. I don't know if all of this is true, but sounded good after enchiladas and a few drinks.

So, all you geeky shy teens out there, chin up, your 30s will be great. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home