.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Monday, April 18, 2005

Google fascinates once again

This post on the Washington Monthly blog got me clicking all kinds of interesting links. It is amazing to discover the uses people are able to come up with for large databases of information. The google maps satellite photo database has spurred all kinds of interesting uses and made looking at a map much more interesting. Looking at the Washington Monument and the White House on a regular map can be interesting, but looking at a photo of it from a birds eye view is fascinating. Check out the interesting Wired Magazine article that discusses some of the fascinating things that have been caught in satellite photos. Then look at the Google Sightseeing blog and check out some of their amazing links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home