.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Thursday, July 28, 2005

After re-reading the second Statesman post on the "turd-blossom" issue I wanted to make an additional comment. Censorship is not just " function of the state, not a newspaper", that is simply a more well known form. The first definition according to the The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 2004 for censor:
A person authorized to examine books, films, or other material and to remove or suppress what is considered morally, politically, or otherwise objectionable.
This case would obviously apply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home