.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Best cities for Singles

I had an argument last night with some friends over whether Austin was a good city for singles or not. We all agree that Austin women are HOT, but I said unfortunately Austin isn't a great city for single guys since there are more of us than single women. My friends disagreed and said that Forbes magazine had ranked Austin #1 best city for singles. They were right.

Unfortunately, when you look at the methodology for the ranking you see this:
Singles: The number of singles is based on the percentage of a metro's population above the age of 15 that has never been married. Data provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Nothing about male/female ratios which is where the problem in Austin comes in. Austin is a great town for single WOMEN. Because there are 30K more men! For men on the other hand I think NYC would be a better option where there are 420K more women. I'll grant that the census bureau factsheets don't breakdown the singles for you in any easy way. I would love to have the number of singles between the ages of 21-45 to compare. But just on raw numbers I am going to argue that NYC is a better bet for a single guy than Austin.

Heck even Spokane, Washington has 10K more females than males!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Blog! I added you to my bookmarks. Feel free to check out my blog on xbox360 secrets anytime!

Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the excellent Blog site you've provided.
Some Advise And Informatiom About Luxury Car.
Looking For Luxury Car Facts And Information ?

Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piloti name the offical shoe of Laguna Seca
Next time I'm playing Gran Turismo 4 and racing on Mazda Laguna Seca, I might have to remove my Adidas.
Hey, rockin' blog! Thanks for all your hard work!

Pheromone Cologne to Attract a Woman at pherlure Check Out pherlure and See Proof that pheromones really work!

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings, I think your blog has top 10 potential. Keep blogging!

I have a Nursing Employment site. I think it will eventually cover all things about Nursing Employment .

Stop by when you get break. : - )

Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home