.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Housing market bubble- Why mention Austin?

I find it strange that this article in the NYTimes mentions Austin as one of the markets where home price appreciation has slowed. Slowed? Austin hasn't had price appreciation like most of the other markets they mention since 2000. This article in the March 2, 2005 Austin American Statesman makes the point that the PMI group thinks there is only about a 16% chance of a significant decline in the Austin home price market (as compared to a 21% chance on average across the country). You can see this laid out in the PMI group's Economic and Real Estate Trends (ERET) from March. General info can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home