.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Could we lose New Orleans entirely?

I was just thinking about the fact that the Atlantic hurricane season is just hitting its stride, it doesn't end until November 30th. Most of the worst US hurricanes have come in September and according to forecasts this season is expected to be particularly violent. It is entirely possible that another hurricane could hit the Gulf coast region and make reconstruction efforts impossible along with wreaking additional havoc.

If you think things are bad in those places now, imagine if another hurricane hits while we are still trying to do the basic reconstruction efforts (like reinforcing the levees around New Orleans). Scary thoughts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home