.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I'm a software engineer / partner working for a young company in Austin, Texas, USA. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends and family, eating out, and partying in the Warehouse District. I should spend more time working on my house....

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ticking time bomb excuse for Torture

Kevin Drum over at Washington Monthly does a nice job (with help from Alex Tabarrok) of taking down the argument that is the ticking time bomb scenario as an excuse for legalized torture. Basically the argument is that in that extreme scenario the president could use pardon power (and a jury would probably acquit the torturer regardless).

Interestingly I think John McCain said essentially the same thing in a Newsweek opinion piece..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home